[F1GRID LOGO PLACEHOLDER – *DO NOT DELETE*]
Formula 1 Discussion & Infos
Register Now!

What do we need?

Discussion about: What do we need?
Brad P
Staff Team Pit Pass Registered
So I’ve had some time away recently and come back online looking at the website as a normal member. I feel the site looks fantastic visually appealing but does it need a new name ? For Google to eat all our content?

What is the site missing for members to want to sign up? Need ideas on getting some more active members posting. I have the money to support but need help in getting that right support.

Last edited by a moderator:
VFan17
To be honest Brad I don't know. I like the site name personally, it's short and easy to remember. Ever since @bogaaaa left it's been really quiet, the only people commenting are me, @JohnH and @F1Fan1. I think what you need is for people who aren't coming anymore to come here and at least say why they aren't using it so you can build on that. Apart from that, just keep on doing what you're doing, being new features to the site occasionally etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
F1Fan1
Welcome back, Brad P. :)

It’s strange this. This site has not been advertised enough. I like the name. It’s a good name. I don’t think changing the name is the solution. More or less, it’s us Staff who use the forum the most. JohnH is the only non-Staff member, who uses the forum the most.

Also, a lot of spam has been posted recently. Advertising products for sale. Weirdly, the titles were posted in English and the article itself was in Japanese or in Chinese. I don’t know why this forum has attracted this to be posted. I suspect that everytime, it was the same person posting, but creating a new account before. Most of these were the same article, I just couldn’t read it! :D

F1Fan1

VFan17
If you go onto google chrome and search "formula 1 grid forum" then the first thing that comes up is this site. So adverting wise I think its fine. If I was looking at this forum as someone just joining, the one thing that would put me off is the lack of activity. The problem is that this site is stuck in that loop: not much activity bar a few people, and new people then don't want to join, and the spamming isn't helping either. I think the best option is to hope that new people will join and in the meantime just continue on developing the site.

F1Fan1
I agree with you, VFan17. I think the only and the best thing to do is to continue devloping this website, forum and hope and wait for new members to sign up.

F1Fan1

Brad P
Awesome comments, I have updated the forum to the later version of Xenforo, I will look at any style updates that need updating later on.

I feel it has everything you need. But yes you are correct it’s just the lack of members wanting to take part. Or join.

I was obviously signing up to sites and doing some light spamming ;) that certainly helped. But I’ve not had any free time do so.

It might mean me doing that again to drum up some members.

VFan17
Noticed some subtle changes to the forums, still looks great.

To be honest @Brad P , this is only my opinion and it's your website, but if I were you I wouldn't spam other sites with this forum. As has been mention on plenty of occasions here in recent times spamming is not allowed, and if you're putting that rule over here it's only fair you respect that rule at other websites. If I were you, I would rather get interest on the website by more honest ways then spamming, even if it's light and even if that's how you got me here. That's just my opinion though, you can do as you please.

If you want some advice, I would suggest making a twitter feed. I made one alongside my blog, and whenever I put up a post I put it up on twitter. It hasn't made a massive difference but I noticed a few more people began reading it, from different parts of the world. Plus my blog wasnt independent it was .blogspot.com so it would work better for you. Again though, just my opinion

Brad P
Noticed some subtle changes to the forums, still looks great.

To be honest @Brad P , this is only my opinion and it's your website, but if I were you I wouldn't spam other sites with this forum. As has been mention on plenty of occasions here in recent times spamming is not allowed, and if you're putting that rule over here it's only fair you respect that rule at other websites. If I were you, I would rather get interest on the website by more honest ways then spamming, even if it's light and even if that's how you got me here. That's just my opinion though, you can do as you please.

If you want some advice, I would suggest making a twitter feed. I made one alongside my blog, and whenever I put up a post I put it up on twitter. It hasn't made a massive difference but I noticed a few more people began reading it, from different parts of the world. Plus my blog wasnt independent it was .blogspot.com so it would work better for you. Again though, just my opinion
Completely respect what you are saying. I’ll look into getting some social advertising setup. Unless any of you guys understand it? Twitter isn’t something I’ve ever used. I have a fb page here.
6BE34672-61AB-4FC0-A6CC-7D5EA3323DF7.png

VFan17
Either a facebook or twitter page is fine, two is even better but having one is still good. Maybe try using it more often, and tag whoever is related in it (i.e. if you put up a new topic on Ericsson, then tag Ericsson, or if its the Brazilian Grand Prix trend then put #BrazilGP at the end)

F1Fan1
I don't use Facebook or Twitter, so I am no help here, sadly. Not helpful, I know. I am sorry Brad P and VFan17.

F1Fan1

Brad P
I don't use Facebook or Twitter, so I am no help here, sadly. Not helpful, I know. I am sorry Brad P and VFan17.

F1Fan1
no problem, i will look into using more social networks to promote

VFan17
One thing you could do is make the accounts, then above the share icons, put "Follow us" and the icons which send you to the account

Brad P
Deffently, by the way how do i get the FB URL for my F1? sounds daft but on my phone i cant grab it to add into the social icon

Brad P
One thing you could do is make the accounts, then above the share icons, put "Follow us" and the icons which send you to the account
They are Share icons mate.

F1Fan1
Thank you Brad P. :)

F1Fan1