[F1GRID LOGO PLACEHOLDER – *DO NOT DELETE*]
Formula 1 Discussion & Infos
Register Now!

What Car Do You Own?

Discussion about: What Car Do You Own?
F1Fan1
Staff Team Pit Pass Registered
Oh yes, there's loads of myths about Alfa Romeo's being unreliable. Some say Alfa Romeo stands for the following:

A - All
L - Loosely
F - Fitted
A - Accessories
R - Remain
O - On
M - Motorway
E - Enraging
O - Others

Just kidding! :D

F1Fan1

JohnH
Registered
Well I feel giulty now as I should mhave been more specific. Mechanically older Alfas are great.....but the body not so much. Russian steel it seems is not very rust resistant to say the least. My car did have a good amount of body work done to replace rusted out sills, boot and at the base of the roof. So that description may not be that far fetched :)

F1Fan1
It’s the body work is the problem. Won’t take much for it to rust. The car needs to stored in a garage outside of the weather, which encourages rust.

F1Fan1

JohnH
Registered
@JohnH How does it compare to your Ford?
Well besides the nearly 30yr age difference they are very different in intent. The Alfa is a pure sports car it has limited space, it's a bit noisy for longer trips it does drive nicely not to harsh, it is still quick and has good brakes even by todays standards.
The ford is a suburban commuter built to a price. It is economical, relatively comfortable, I can listen to the radio above 60 kph. it has A/C but is slower. I need to change down to 4th to go up a long or steep hill. It carries 4 people and didn't cost me very much.

F1Fan1
I prefer the Alfa Romeo, over the Ford. The Alfa Romeo is rear wheel drive. The Ford is front wheel drive. Rear wheel drive is the best drivetrain and it’s the most fun, while one is driving, over the two.

F1Fan1

Last edited:
Creaky
Registered
2013 Ford Focus, bought it brand new after being made redundant.

Brad P
2009 Red Mini Cooper, looking to sell soon.

F1Fan1
Nice cars, Creaky and Brad P. :)

F1Fan1

Flat6
Registered
Audi A4 Quattro, Audi A3, A class Merc and a bastard 1984 911 with a 3.6 VRam in the back.

F1Fan1
A collection of good cars, Flat6. Which classic Mercedes-Benz do you own?

F1Fan1

Flat6
Registered
haha, not a classic, the missus has a baby A class Merc, which she loves.

VFan17
My Dad use to have a Merc

F1Fan1
@Flat6

1st generation, 2nd generation or 3rd generation A-Class?

@VFan17

Which Mercedes-Benz?

F1Fan1

F1Fan1
This is one of the most heartbreaking decisions I have ever had to make, so far in my life, but I have ordered, on lease, a brand new Volkswagen Golf GT 1.6 TDI 5 Speed Manual 5 Door Hatchback (Mk7.5), in Indium Grey Metallic, with 17" 'Dijon' Alloy Wheels. This car is due for delivery in November, to replace my 2004, 54 plate BMW 1 Series 118D, which is my baby. I am super sad and upset to have to replace her already. She is costing me more money than I thought she would, so it's time to change, her sadly. Just thinking about selling her, makes me cry.

F1Fan1

F1Fan1
Thank you, but I'm going to say to be very sad and upset when I sell my BMW 1 Series.

F1Fan1

F1Fan1
I have the 'My VW' app download on my Apple iPhone 7. This means I can track using my order number, the progress of the order being placed, which part of manufacturing the car is in, when it's the left the factory, when it's arrived in the UK, etc.

Currently, my order is on Step 2: With the Factory.

F1Fan1

F1Fan1
Picked up my brand new Volkswagen Golf GT from the dealership on Thursday 29/11/2018. :)

Now I had better start looking at selling my beloved baby and princess; My BMW 1 Series 118D. :eek: :(

F1Fan1