[F1GRID LOGO PLACEHOLDER – *DO NOT DELETE*]
Formula 1 Discussion & Infos
Register Now!

The train wreck that is Williams

Discussion about: The train wreck that is Williams
bogaaaa
Registered
It is astounding how far this once powerhouse team has fallen down the grid, and now with real chance of facing buyout ,merger or extinction if the new rules dont save them.
Where did it all it go wrong? History suggests it started back in the the days of Montoya and Ralfs huge salaries ,losing Newey and the Honda deal and the fiancinal disaster of the wind tunnel mistake, and they have been on the back foot ever since.
Of recent times and quoting Alan Jones "Claire is totally unqualified as the so called asst team princible , and will be out of her depth that will flow down the chain on team moral"
The Williams business model has done a deal with the Stroll Devil that has left them between a rock and hard place with Lance and Sergey unqualified and unable too develop the car, not to mention Lance unoffically being the number one.
It is hard to know how bad the car is or how easy it would be to get more speed out of it with donkeys driving ( how far up the grid could FA,LH RIC ect after a month?, and why would Robert put his best car development effects into it, with a seat looking possible.
Someone at the TOP either Claire or Frank has to be accountable for the train wreck that is Williams.

VFan17
Staff Team Pit Pass Registered
I have a feeling they are doomed. Unfortunately they may go the same way as the old Lotus.

F1Fan1
I agree with you there, VFan17. I don’t think Williams will continue much longer, after this year’s season.

F1Fan1

Last edited:
bogaaaa
Registered
What are the Williams team members thinking these poor machanics and engineers who have to bow to this talentless spoilt little brat who swears and whines over the radio.
And then qualifies lower than a snakes ass and is thrashed by his team mate.
Tracks like Monaco exposes the drivers out of their depth in this sport as it did with Lance.
More laughable is Lance beleives he is doing well in F1 though in reality he is hogging a seat for a capable driver and is as useless as the Pope's testes!!

VFan17
Wasn't it Stroll who said I don't think Massa would do much better. Because Massa would do far better then what these $$$$$$$$$$$$ boys are

bogaaaa
Registered
Yes
Wasn't it Stroll who said I don't think Massa would do much better. Because Massa would do far better then what these $$$$$$$$$$$$ boys are
Yes Vfan you are right and there is no answer to stop rich brats with super licences ,but it is a blight on the formula

Last edited by a moderator:
bogaaaa
Registered
Oh Lance you are a joke! and your car, pace with your radio tantrums are never your fault , you are the perfect profile of a spoilt brat.

pepsi79
Registered
[U]bogaaaa[/U] DON`T just LIMIT it to LANCE that IS a JOKE
The Whole William s TEAM now IS a Joke.
Sorry THAT is NOT limiting, I SHOULD say Clare Williams IS a JOKE

pepsi79
Registered
Glory YEARS with Newey as designer, LIKE with McLaren are now - long GONE

pepsi79
Registered
William s DID try to recover though, with BMW power
Until BMW left the sport.
The Williams RENAULT designed by Newey is probably the MOST successful F1 chassis EVER

pepsi79
Registered
The Mclaren Mercedes designed by Newey is,
1 of the MOST successful chasis in F1 - ever.
Mika Hakkinen DOUBLE WDC
Can`t remember off top of my head - WITHOUT Googling it but
That MP4 whatever number ALSO Won constructers titles

pepsi79
Registered
McLaren HAS, after the failed Honda project.
Attempted to NOW emulate the glory of William`s.
By using RENAULT power.
Also the SAME glory that Red Bull enjoyed WITH Renault power

bogaaaa
Registered
[U]bogaaaa[/U] DON`T just LIMIT it to LANCE that IS a JOKE
The Whole William s TEAM now IS a Joke.
Sorry THAT is NOT limiting, I SHOULD say Clare Williams IS a JOKE
LANCE is to blame for Monaco he cannot set up is car in practice and the engineers rely on the drivers feed back to balance the car , his race was a disgrace a 12yo in a gokart would of beaten him..
he is untalented and out of his depth in F1 and places like Monaco expose his inabilty when he cant use the merc power.
Serg has had 6 races in F1 and was a lot faster in setup

VFan17
Not to mention Stroll kept on hitting the barriers and getting punctures

bogaaaa
Registered
Kirk de beer the aero chief has departed Williams is this the first rat to desert the skinking ship?

GPfacts
Registered
Not sure I agree with the driver-bashing. The problems are many and are coming from the top down. Plus, it goes way back. Sam Michael, Adam Parr, Toto Wolff all were groomed for succession in one way or another and all decided to go elsewhere. Which means that Claire Williams is a default choice, I am sorry to say, although it is far from certain that any one of the three mentioned above would have done any better...and the arrival/return of Paddy Lowe has done nothing thus far, either. There must be many reasons why it is not working, not just the drivers.

VFan17
I think Lowe will leave the team within the next two years