News
New to our community? Hit 'Register' in the top right corner!
[F1GRID LOGO PLACEHOLDER – *DO NOT DELETE*]
Formula 1 Discussion & Infos
Register Now!

Sky Sports F1

Discussion about: Sky Sports F1
Nerdface
Registered
I've been against subscribing to the channel since they won the broadcasting rights, but now that Channel 4 have had their live coverage in the UK reduced to just Silverstone, I've pulled the trigger - especially as the price is currently reduced to an additional £10 per month (down from £18).

Does anyone else subscribe to the channel, or if not do you intend on doing so for 2019?

Reactions: F1Fan1
Brad P
Staff Team Pit Pass Registered
I've got the complete sky sports package and I'm hoping that would mean I will get all the F1 races? Unless they have a separate channel for the F1?"

VFan17
Staff Team Registered
Same as Brad, I have a complete sky package for plenty of years now. It's a bit annoying though that with the package I have currently we get all the sports channels when I only really watch 1 (F1) and it costs a lot. Shame to see the sport move away completely from free tv in many places

Nerdface
Registered
I've got the complete sky sports package and I'm hoping that would mean I will get all the F1 races? Unless they have a separate channel for the F1?"
Yes you'll get it - Sky tried to upsell the complete package to me.

Same as Brad, I have a complete sky package for plenty of years now. It's a bit annoying though that with the package I have currently we get all the sports channels when I only really watch 1 (F1) and it costs a lot. Shame to see the sport move away completely from free tv in many places
If you're out of your contracted period, try giving them a call maybe? No point paying over the odds, especially if you don't use it!

F1Fan1
Staff Team Registered
I find it wrong that you have to pay for Sky Sports to watch Formula 1, but that's this money making world for you. Everyone and everybody wants your money.

F1Fan1

VFan17
Staff Team Registered
The thing is then we would have to cancel our whole contract so the rest of sky goes aswell. So it's either get rid of all sports channels or just stick with it.

Nerdface
Registered
The thing is then we would have to cancel our whole contract so the rest of sky goes aswell. So it's either get rid of all sports channels or just stick with it.
You'll probably find they'll give you some kind of package deal if you go down the "not sure whether I want to continue my subscription.." route.

I recently re-negotiated after changing broadband provider, and got a reasonable deal.

Reactions: F1Fan1 and VFan17
Creaky
Registered
I have the full Sky Sports package, have done for years.

Used to watch the F1 on the BBC many years ago, still wish they hadn't given up the contract.

Reactions: VFan17 and F1Fan1
F1Fan1
Staff Team Registered
Creaky, I agree with you. I also wish that the BBC didn't give the contract up.

F1Fan1