[F1GRID LOGO PLACEHOLDER – *DO NOT DELETE*]
Formula 1 Discussion & Infos
Register Now!

Russian Grand Prix 2018

Discussion about: Russian Grand Prix 2018
VFan17
Staff Team Pit Pass Registered
So here we go the most boringist races in the calendar. Makes Abu Dhabi look good.

I see Bottas performing well this weekend, he does well in Russia. Championship wise I think Hamilton has it won unless anything unexpected happens

F1Fan1
I think Lewis Hamilton will win this one too, unless something happens.

F1Fan1

VFan17
Interesting pair of practice sessions, not looking great for ferrari though. Obviously we will only be able to tell everyone's true pace tomorrow

F1Fan1
I didn’t have time to watch the practice session’s today. These are not really as important to the Qualifying and Grand Prix, so it does not really matter if you are able to watch it, or not.

F1Fan1

VFan17
Alright, Vettel apparently said that they [Ferrari] need to find more pace and that they were quite far behind the front runners (Red Bull and Mercedes) on both one-lap pace and long runs. Again, whether thats true or not remains to be seen but it is sending worring signs

F1Fan1
Thank you for telling me this, VFan17. :)

F1Fan1

F1Fan1
Thank you for the list. :)

F1Fan1

VFan17
Didn't watch qualifying, but great job from Bottas to take pole after Hamilton made errors. Unfortunately the Mercedes is in another league compared to the Ferrari, so the only interesting part of tomorrow's race will be Mercedes making Bottas let Hamilton through. Also F1 really need to scrap the Q2 tire rule because Q2 today was a joke.

F1Fan1
I didn’t watch Qualifing either. I have another busy day, later today, so I’m not sure if I can watch the race either. :rolleyes: :D ;) :)

F1Fan1

VFan17
And the formation lap is go, enjoy the race everyone

VFan17
Err, was an alright race but a bit boring in my opinion. Mercedes had the faster car so when Hamilton came out behind Vettel it was obvious he would just repass. Bottas deserved the win but everyone knew they were going to impose team orders. Championship is now definitely over, so roll on 2019. Also another super drive from Leclerc, around the outside of Magnussen at turn three was amazing

F1Fan1
I didn’t get to watch the race, as predicted.

F1Fan1