News
New to our community? Hit 'Register' in the top right corner!
[F1GRID LOGO PLACEHOLDER – *DO NOT DELETE*]
Formula 1 Discussion & Infos
Register Now!

Michael Schumpeter Pure V 10 Sound

Discussion about: Michael Schumpeter Pure V 10 Sound
genebre
Registered
This was what it was all about pure sound back in the day, driving the v10 Ferrari the one and only Michael Schumacher... what are your thoughts on the cars now? They sound a little better this year?

Reactions: VFan17 and F1Fan1
F1Fan1
Staff Team Registered
I think they sounded better this year, but I still miss the V10 engines. Engines are getting smaller in all road vehicles these days; Cost is the largest factor, so I very much doubt the V10's will return to Formula 1 cars. :(

F1Fan1

VFan17
Staff Team Registered
I have never really cared about noise and don't see why fans get so annoyed over it, I take a better earth in the future to loud cars any day.

On the other hand, the driver.... Schumacher really was the one off legend along with the likes of Senna, Fangio and Clark.

Reactions: F1Fan1
F1Fan1
Staff Team Registered
I don't care about the noise the engine's produce to be honest with you. Yes, the engine's are getting smaller in Formula 1, but look at road cars; The same is happening. The smaller the engine fitted to the vehicle, the cheaper they are and by fitting smaller engine's with a turbo helps the power and the acceleration.

F1Fan1

Reactions: VFan17
VFan17
Staff Team Registered
Agree with you on the last point, these are one of the most powerful engines in F1 history. (Maybe not as powerful as the 1980s but those were beyond ridiculous)

Reactions: F1Fan1
F1Fan1
Staff Team Registered
Plus, I forgot to mention that modern engines are better on emissions too.

F1Fan1