[F1GRID LOGO PLACEHOLDER – *DO NOT DELETE*]
Formula 1 Discussion & Infos
Register Now!

F1 News Lewis Hamilton may give up After 2020 Season, Coulthard Says

33367386-918C-40E1-8597-F369471F7CCE.jpeg

David Coulthard believes Lewis Hamilton may stroll away from formula 1 after the 2020 season when the Concorde contract comes to an end.

The Briton is within the closing seven months of his contract with Mercedes and is yet to agree a new deal to remain in formula 1 past 2018. Hamilton and the Mercedes hierarchy are clear that they both want to continue with every different but are yet to reach an contract despite being in talks for the reason that the conclusion of remaining season.

The 4-time world champion is anticipated to sign a brand new deal to make him the joint optimum earner in F1 alongside Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel, but Coulthard believes it may well be a brief-term deal, one with a view to last for just two seasons.

The current Concorde settlement that binds the industrial rights holder, the FIA and all of the groups will conclusion in 2020. There are a few changes planned for the future of the sport from 2021 with the aid of the brand new owners – Liberty Media – and the teams don't seem to be in contract with all of the adjustments.

other than Hamilton being cautious concerning the method the activity strikes forward, the previous McLaren driver, who has 13 F1 wins, feels he may need to focal point on other interests – especially song. The British driver leads an energetic life faraway from the race song and is an everyday at a couple of glamorous routine like style indicates and song award ceremonies.

Lewis Hamilton is main the 2018 Drivers' Championship standing. during this picture, Lewis Hamilton C raises his trophy flanked with the aid of Prince Albert II of Monaco L as he celebrates his third place on the rostrum after the Monaco method 1 Grand Prix on the Monaco road circuit in Monaco, may additionally 27, 2018. BORIS HORVATAFP photos

It is no secret that he is engaged on a music album and Coulthard indicated that 2020 could see him unencumber his first album, which could see him walk away from the sport that has to this point earned him four world titles.

“I consider it has received to be on his intellect,” Coulthard referred to, as quoted on PlanetF1. “I believe that he'll go to 2020 which is the end of the current Concorde agreement.”

“it really is the settlement between the business rights holder, the FIA and the teams,” he brought. “It defines how the activity appears and feels.

“I consider past 2020 there's each likelihood he can also well be releasing his first music album which he has been engaged on,” the Scot delivered.

in the meantime, Hamilton’s teammate, Valtteri Bottas, who's additionally out of contract on the end of the season, is hoping to remain the Briton’s teammate past the 2018 crusade. The Finn has urged Hamilton to sign on the dotted line and commit his future to the Brackley-based team.

while a new Mercedes contract for Hamilton is a sure bet, it isn't the same for Bottas, who joined from Williams at the beginning of the 2017 season. He become offered a one-year deal when he arrived and changed into given a further year’s extension in the latter levels of final season.

“Of route, it could be satisfactory that Lewis stays too, as a result of I savour working with him,” Bottas noted about Hamilton, as quoted on PlanetF1.

“The undeniable fact that he became received 4 championships and me none pushes me to outdo myself,” the Finn brought. “We work smartly together and that's why i might fairly stay with Lewis on this group.”

Toto Wolff, the Mercedes group primary, is chuffed with the Finnish racer, but admitted that a call on Hamilton’s teammate might be made in the summer with a few candidates in contention from inside the group and outdoors.

Comments

Discussion about: Lewis Hamilton may give up After 2020 Season, Coulthard Says
VFan17
Staff Team Pit Pass Registered
Don't we hear this type of stuff every year?

Creaky
Registered
Think he'll be around for a few years yet

Categories

Latest F1 News