[F1GRID LOGO PLACEHOLDER – *DO NOT DELETE*]
Formula 1 Discussion & Infos
Register Now!

Hungary GP

Who will win the 2018 Hungarian Grand Prix?

• Bottas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vettel

• Raikkonen

• Someone else

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Discussion about: Hungary GP
VFan17
Staff Team Pit Pass Registered
So moving on from Germany, which I'm not going to talk about because I'm incredibly annoyed, Hungary is next. Its the final race before the summer break, so obviously it will be the last race until Belgium. It could be interesting, I see Red Bull dominating this weekend, they are very strong in tracks like Hungary and Monaco, high downforce etc. so where Ferrari and Mercedes place should be interesting to see. Its crucial for Ferrari and Vettel to create some momentum after Marchionne's death and what happened last time out. Likewise for Mercedes, Hamilton is good at this track so its a good opportunity for him to extend his advantage.

F1Fan1
I voted for Lewis Hamilton. ;) :)

F1Fan1

JohnH
Registered
Ha I'm not good at predictions, but I would like to see Ricciardo win. This is not vindictive but I would like to see Vettel finish well ahead of Hamilton simply to keep the championship battle alive.
But now I've said that....

F1Fan1
Why not make your vote anyway JohnH? Anyone can make a correct or wrong vote. You have nothing to lose if do get your vote correct or wrong.

F1Fan1

JohnH
Registered
I did vote for Ricciardo, is it not registering?

F1Fan1
For some reason, it did not register. Would please mind trying to vote again?

F1Fan1

JohnH
Registered
Well that was my fault I did not press cast vote. Sorry to put you through that.

F1Fan1
You didn’t put me through anything. Don’t worry about it, JohnH. :)

F1Fan1

VFan17
If you asked me who would win here back at the start of the season when Verstappen was having his incidents, I would have easily said Ricciardo, but since then Verstappen has done well, so I think he can win if he doesn't throw it away

VFan17
Crikey, that was an excellent qualifying session, plenty of surprises. Disappointed that Vettel couldn't take pole and Hamilton will be leading the field, but with Ferrari looking faster on race pace in the dry that's going to make it very interesting with both of them starting behind the Mercs who are slower then Red Bull also. Speaking of which, that was horrific for Red Bull, Ricciardo got caught out by Stroll and Gasly outqualified Verstappen when Verstappen is supposedly (the best in the rain). Anyway, I'm extremely excited for tomorrow.

JohnH
Registered
Hamilton and Bottas certainly done the job, Does the fact that the Mercs have a slightly lobger wheel base help in the wet you think in the form of better stability?
I'm sure Vettel is not happy with being beaten by Raikkonen the pressure continues on Vettel. Watching Ricciardos car in Q1 before the downpour his car seemed to be striking the ground more that most of the others. That was on slicks, I know inters and wets change the ride height but they should be able to account for that.
Verstappen? I have no clue to his lack of performance after Q2 I thought he'd be right up there.

VFan17
I never thought about long wheel bases being better in the wet, but actually that makes sense. Plus the smaller wheel bases wouldn't be that stable and slide around more so it helps the LWB cars. It wouldn't be a big difference, the main thing in wet is grip, but it would make a small difference, and that's what Mercedes had.

JohnH
Registered
Well that was a bit exciting Vestappen mechanical failure. Vettel held up a bit then a coming together with Bottas. Raikkonen had a bad pit stop and Ricciardo had a bit of a second rate weekend with tyer choice and starting from 12th then Bottas. All that contributed to Hamilton having a cruisy win.

VFan17
Yeesh, talk about an anti climax. Quite a boring race to be honest, went mad at the end though. Hamilton won it because of his admittingly great pole lap on Saturday and his (quoting Toto Wolf) wingman by the name of Bottas, Vettel could have won I think, but that botched pit-stop and Sainz blocking him for so long left him behind the wingman, who blocked him for the rest of the race. For the Vettel-Bottas incident, I say its a racing incident. Bottas had lost the position and should have backed out but Vettel did chop across him. As for the Ricciardo-Bottas incident, Bottas was entirely at fault. He had a damaged car and still he tried to defend knowing chances were the damage to his car could lead to a crash. Just went into Ricciardo. Then the team ask him to return the position but nooooo, he's going to defend as if the championship depends on it. Lucky not to get a worse penalty. Great job from Ricciardo to claw his way back up to fourth after yesterday.