[F1GRID LOGO PLACEHOLDER – *DO NOT DELETE*]
Formula 1 Discussion & Infos
Register Now!

Football World Cup 2018

Discussion about: Football World Cup 2018
VFan17
Staff Team Pit Pass Registered
Bit late with this but use this topic to discuss the world cup :)
Right now the quarter final fixtures are:
France v Uruguay
Russia v Croatia
Belgium v Brazil
Colombia/England v Sweden/Switzerland
For the record, I think Colombia will beat England

F1Fan1
I don't like football and I have no interest in it. Sorry VFan17. :)

F1Fan1

VFan17
I don't either, but its just something to talk about especially since its been quiet here

F1Fan1
I see. Cunning plans you there, but considering I don't like it and I have no interest in it, makes it difficult to talk about anything to do with the World Cup, as I don't know anything about it or what is happening in it. I like your cunning though. ;) :)

F1Fan1

VFan17
I don't see how its cunning, its like talking to someone random on a street, you talk about something big that's happened recently. Its just discussing stuff away from F1, no plan in it or anything. Helps people get closer

F1Fan1
I guess so. It was cunning for me, making conversation. Sadly, it won't involve me, discussing it. Just the keeping an eye on the what is being posted part, that will involve me.

F1Fan1

VFan17
England beat Colombia on penalties so they play Sweden in the QFs

VFan17
Imagine there a quite a few happy people after Saturday.
Semi finals:
Croatia v England
Belgium v France
Post your predictions below!

Brad P
Being from England it hurt but in all fairness we have had a blinder of a World Cup and can’t feel disappointed about it, all the players should feel proud

Brad P
France Vs Croatia Who will win?

F1Fan1
I have no clue. I don't like football and I certainly don't know anything about it! :D

F1Fan1

VFan17
I've never liked England in any sport be it soccer, cricket etc. But after spending a week in England with my cousins I had a change of heart and supported them. It's sad they are out, but they should be very proud, they've exceeded expectations, won on penalties, it's not all doom and gloom. And they are really young, with age comes experience, so I think they'll be a force to rekon in the euros.
Meanwhile, my head says France but my heart says Croatia. Will be good, supporting Croatia.
Off topic, but has to be asked: who will win tomorrow: Nadal or Djokovich?