[F1GRID LOGO PLACEHOLDER – *DO NOT DELETE*]
Formula 1 Discussion & Infos
Register Now!

F1 News Daniel Ricciardo opens up on how Red Bull contract changes with Chinese Grand Prix win

Where will Daniel Ricciardo be racing next season?

• Aston Martin Red Bull Racing

• Scuderia Ferrari

• Mercedes AMG Petronas Motorsport

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
359618.jpg

DANIEL RICCIARDO admitted he has strengthened his bargaining position with Red Bull by winning the Chinese Grand Prix.

Ricciardo started sixth after a miraculous engine rebuild saw him only just squeak into qualifying at all. But the Australian pitted behind the safety car while the leaders stayed out and found himself on fresh rubber in the closing stages of the race.

Ricciardo sliced through the field to claim the sixth victory of his career in impressive fashion. The 28-year-old is in the final year of his contract at Red Bull and is in protracted talks with the team over an extension.

But both Ferrari and Mercedes are currently scheduled to have vacancies next year and Ricciardo is weighing up his options. And yet another fine display of overtaking is unlikely to have done his position in negotiations any harm. "I guess the plan was to try and hold off still a little bit,” Ricciardo said. “Getting the win is nice. We were in a really strong place in the second half of the race.

“When we get to Europe it will probably balance out. All three teams have had moments, it is interesting, fun.

“I don't think today hurt my position so it is a good day."

And when asked which team Ricciardo should drive for next year, former F1 world champion Nico Rosberg said: “I’d go to Ferrari. He knows he can beat Vettel and it’s the best car at the moment.”

Ricciardo’s six wins have all come from starting outside the top three, something he alluded to on the podium when he admitted he rarely wins “boring” races. And given that his engine blew up less than three hours before qualifying, Ricciardo was quick to recognise his good fortune.

Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.

Comments

Discussion about: Daniel Ricciardo opens up on how Red Bull contract changes with Chinese Grand Prix win
dan0423
Registered
I have casted my vote, just have a hunch that Aston Martin Red Bull Racing may do enough to convince him to stay with them next season.

To post a win early doors is testament to how competitive the bulls will be this season. Not to mention their RnD department, which in my opinion is the best in the paddock. He has shown in many races that he is the better driver at Aston Martin Red Bull Racing for the moment.

All factors taken into account This may convince Dani Ric that his chances of a world title, for the moment is with his current team.

Brad P
Staff Team Pit Pass Registered
I have casted my vote, just have a hunch that Aston Martin Red Bull Racing may do enough to convince him to stay with them next season.

To post a win early doors is testament to how competitive the bulls will be this season. Not to mention their RnD department, which in my opinion is the best in the paddock. He has shown in many races that he is the better driver at Aston Martin Red Bull Racing for the moment.

All factors taken into account This may convince Dani Ric that his chances of a world title, for the moment is with his current team.
If he is to be a world champion it would need him to move on. Red bull will be hard to keep both drivers happy as both want to be champions.

dan0423
Registered
If he is to be a world champion it would need him to move on. Red bull will be hard to keep both drivers happy as both want to be champions.
If they can give them the car, which I believe they can then all they have to do is drive.

Ange161
Registered

I do think he could stay there as well, but part of me thinks he still wants a competitive car from the start of the weekend and not hope that other cars around make a mistake for the him to capitalise on.

Plus if Max hadn't of made his mistakes that he did, he might of won the race because he was the car ahead at time of the pit stops.

Brad P
Staff Team Pit Pass Registered
If they can give them the car, which I believe they can then all they have to do is drive.
If they can keep the car relabel this year then maybe. I’m glad this year that we have 3 teams that are similar in pace now.

Each circuit they come up against will work better for one team better than the other.

Categories

Latest F1 News