News
New to our community? Hit 'Register' in the top right corner!
[F1GRID LOGO PLACEHOLDER – *DO NOT DELETE*]
Formula 1 Discussion & Infos
Register Now!

Implemented Cover photos

Discussion about: Cover photos
JoyFreak
Registered
Just thought I should show you what I can do:

I am not sure what add-on you are using but if it is themehouse, then you are probably using an outdated version. There was a security fix for this.

Reactions: F1Fan1
JoyFreak
Registered
If this isn't the case. Then you might have possibly gave registered members moderator permissions to change other's profile cover photo.

JoyFreak
Registered
Your welcome and yes. Good man.

Edit: You might want to change your cover photo back now. Sorry about that, had to do it to show you.

Reactions: F1Fan1 and Brad P
Brad P
Staff Team Pit Pass Registered
All sorted, thank you for finding that, might be a few other things around also lol, I'm not great with permissions tbh.

JoyFreak
Registered
All sorted, thank you for finding that, might be a few other things around also lol, I'm not great with permissions tbh.
Yeah took me a while to get my head round it too.
Basically any default usergroup is based on the "Registered" permissions other than "Unregistered / Unconfirmed".
So any new usergroup you create, will inherit the "Registered" usergroup permissions.
Any moderator permissions, should not be made under "Registered" as it will affect all registered users, including those that you do not wish to give permissions to like myself.

Hope that clarifies

Brad P
Staff Team Pit Pass Registered
Yeah took me a while to get my head round it too.
Basically any default usergroup is based on the "Registered" permissions other than "Unregistered / Unconfirmed".
So any new usergroup you create, will inherit the "Registered" usergroup permissions.
Any moderator permissions, should not be made under "Registered" as it will affect all registered users, including those that you do not wish to give permissions to like myself.

Hope that clarifies
That certainly does, I'll take a look through usergroups this weekend, I'm hoping to update the site to the latest xenforo update this weekend also and any current addons.

I only just recently updated to 2.1 then updated style and addons... then another update haha

VFan17
Staff Team Registered
Changed the prefix to implemented since I assume Brad fixed the premissions, good spot JoyFreak

Reactions: F1Fan1 and JoyFreak
JoyFreak
Registered
That certainly does, I'll take a look through usergroups this weekend, I'm hoping to update the site to the latest xenforo update this weekend also and any current addons.

I only just recently updated to 2.1 then updated style and addons... then another update haha
Make sure to back-up!
G/L