News
New to our community? Hit 'Register' in the top right corner!
[F1GRID LOGO PLACEHOLDER – *DO NOT DELETE*]
Formula 1 Discussion & Infos
Register Now!

Britain, Italy, Germany, Spain and Mexico GP contracts

Discussion about: Britain, Italy, Germany, Spain and Mexico GP contracts
VFan17
Staff Team Registered
Britain (Silverstone), Italy (Monza), Germany (Hockenheim), Mexico (...Mexico City) and Spain (Barcelona) are all out of contract in terms of races for next year.

Which ones do we think will be dropped and which ones will be renewed? From what I know none of these are sure shot unlike last year. All are lobbing for cheaper prices. Silverstone already triggered their exit clause but there still are negotiations and apparently no other track is ready. Monza have been making losses for a long time. Germany have never been certain in recent times, with both Hockenheim and Nurnburg. Spain is losing interest with Alonso's retirement. Mexico, the new government are pulling out funding for the grand prix.

Personally I hope they firstly Britain and Italy stay, especially Monza. It's such an iconic track and if it was dropped I would be extremely disappointed with Liberty. Silverstone is another good track, has provided some brilliant races and is historic but I get the feeling it's going to leave unfortunately. Germany has been all over the place,I really want Nurnburg to return but no news yet, I wouldn't mind Hockenheim though. Spain and Mexico wouldn't be massive losses but it would be pretty bad - Mexico especially looks very bleak. Anyone else know more?

Reactions: F1Fan1
F1Fan1
Staff Team Registered
I like to hope that Sliverstone and Monza won't be dropped. I do hope these get renewed.

F1Fan1

Reactions: VFan17
Nerdface
Registered
I can't imagine Monza will be dropped, it's one of few historic races where overtaking is actually possible and there'd be an outcry from Ferrari fans.

Of course there's alternatives such as San Marino or Mugello but I think both need investment and/or modernising.

Reactions: F1Fan1 and VFan17
VFan17
Staff Team Registered
Monza is THE speed track. It's like football getting rid of the Wembley stadium, it's rubbish.

Reactions: F1Fan1 and Brad P