[F1GRID LOGO PLACEHOLDER – *DO NOT DELETE*]
Formula 1 Discussion & Infos
Register Now!

2021 plans set to fall through

Discussion about: 2021 plans set to fall through
VFan17
Staff Team Pit Pass Registered
I assume everyone knows about the new engine plans for 2021. Well, now that no new manufacturer is interested in joining, they might just keep the same engine regulations which makes sense now that we have good racing and competition. (Though I'm disappointed that the new more powerful driver controlled ERS aren't coming in if that happens, that was going to be cool). They still might make changes to the car ie chassis though, hopefully to help following cars.

What's everyone else's opinion?

F1Fan1
Yeah, typical problem. All the time, to many strict new regulations and policies are added to the body of each Formula 1 car, including engine and chassis, which puts off anybody wanting to create a new team.

F1Fan1

VFan17
I would love to see them make loose regulations, like engine must be between 6 and twelve cylinders, 18000 rpm limit, ers optional, then let them do what they want. Obviously also include a budget cap otherwise nothing would change. Allow them to try new ideas. Have some teams going small 6 cylinder engines, others going V12. It would createmore innovation. Same for chassis. Say the car must be within a x by y box, no wingless between the front wing and side pods, put a loose box around the maximum limit of what something can be, for example the rear wing must be within a x by y by z box, then it's up to the teams, it can low high slanted straight etc. Let them do their job. Have limits so that overtaking and following is possible. Allow them to develop the floor, ground effects etc. Bring in more tyre manufacturers, tyre wars. That pushes tyre manufacturers to make the best tyres they can make, it'll bring variation, some tyres are better on so and so conditions but might as well be cheese in such and such conditions. Make teams work with the tyre manufacturers it's a team sport. They need to open up the regulations, then we might get some new teams. And get rid of all bonuses, bring in a budget cap and make the money distribution fair.