[F1GRID LOGO PLACEHOLDER – *DO NOT DELETE*]
Formula 1 Discussion & Infos
Register Now!

2019 pre season musings

Discussion about: 2019 pre season musings
VFan17
Staff Team Pit Pass Registered
So here we are, the 70th F1 world championship, the 1000th grand prix. This is going to be a historical year.

What does everyone think will happen this year? Who'll surprise and who'll flop? Will Mercedes or Ferrari be faster? How will Red Bull fare with Honda? Can Sauber continue their improvements? How will Racing Point perform? Can Williams recover from their pathetic season? Will Leclerc shine at Ferrari? How will Gasly fare with Vertappen? How will Ricciardo do in Renault? Or Kimi in Sauber? Or Kubica in Williams? Or Sainz in McLaren? And is there anything else?

I'll set the ball rolling. I see Ferrari and Mercedes being neck and neck throughout the season. Bottas I don't see recovering from his poor season last year, he'll be axed for 2020 and Ocon will make his return with Mercedes. Vettel I think will recover from his poor season last year and return to top form, so he'll have a close battle with Hamilton again. Leclerc will be right up here as well, he really is a special talent and I wouldn't rule him out for an upset. RBR will lag behind because of a new engine, and I expect Verstappen to give Gasly a royal trashing, who failed to impress me. Behind them it's going to be very close: Renault, Sauber and Racing Point I reckon will be neck and neck for fourth. I see a terrific scrap between Ricciardo, Hulkenburg, Raikkonen and Perez. Hopefully they'll feature on the podium a few times (please let Hulk finally get that first podium). For the rest of the teams, Haas I see struggling with Grosjean binning it every race and Magnussen making it his mission to drive into other cars. McLaren, with Brown in charge aren't going to contribute much in my opinion, and I see them struggling as well, and Norris should have had another season in F2. Toro Rosso aren't going to be much more then a test bed, and Williams are following the footsteps of Lotus and Tyrell, Russell will be their only saving grace this year.

F1Fan1
This is going to be a very special year, in Formula 1. I also think that it will be a battle between Mercedes and Ferrari. Perhaps even Lewis Hamilton will win the 2019 championship? All we be revealed, towards the end of 2019!... :D ;) :)

F1Fan1

VFan17
I hope Vettel wins (0% bias obviously)

F1Fan1
I knew you want Vettel to win. Your username and avatar image suggests this.

F1Fan1

VFan17
What are you talking about????? I'm a nuteral fan who never takes sides. I assure you of this.

That's not very convincing is it?
Anyway, it should be a good battle between Hamilton and Vettel. Seb is a great driver when he performs well, in 2017 he did brilliantly bar Baku. Last year was pretty patethic but he has the ability to bounce back and if he can win this year he'll recover his reputation. It's make or break

F1Fan1
What I mean is, is that you have an image of Vettel as your avatar image, which is this:

1548095000250.png

Also, your username is 'VFan17', which in mind the, letter 'V', stands for Vettel. These two things tell me that you are an Vettel fan.

F1Fan1

VFan17
Yeah I know, just joking :p

F1Fan1
I see. :)

F1Fan1

VFan17
I guess livery talk can go here.

The new Haas is a big let down for me. It had a chance of being good, but fell flat on his face. I don't mind the black car, but the gold is horrible: it's too dull. It barely stands out, I bet on track it'll be just black. The Toro Rosso keeps the new design from 2017 which is nice, the dark blue, red and sliver go together. Williams is a bit of a meh, the white is good, but the blue just looks like someone got a spraycan and outlined the white. Like Haas, had a chance of being good but bad execution. The Renault looks the same like last year: if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Also, in all cases, the front wings look incredibly clean now, the rules have worked in that case, hopefully it helps on track overtaking. There's a few interesting things as well: Toro Rosso have borrowed most of their rear end from Red Bull so that could help them at the start of the season, they could be right up in the midfield battle. Renault have two struts that come up to the rear wing and go onto the DRS part so that might be something to keep an eye out for. All the rear wings also are noticeably bigger as per the regulations.

VFan17
Three more cars today!

The Mercedes, well it's a Mercedes not much more to it. I like that it's a bit changed this year, it looks a bit 'new' which is nice. The Racing Point I'm on the fence here, I love the pink and the blue is a nice addition even if I don't like the sponsor, but it's a bit messy and those two colours don't go together. And....
OH MY GOD THAT RED BULL LOOKS SO AMAZING I REAL...
OH wait it's only for testing *cries internally*

F1Fan1
Your post today I find very funny.

F1Fan1